Tuesday, July 23, 2024

 

Many truth

(In dubio pro reo)

Voice of accusatories against Bonifacius 8th pope

Theatrical drama

Dramatis personae

 

History

Boniface 8th pope

Celestine 5th pope

Philip 4th king of France

Jacopone from Todi

Dante Alighieri

First act

History and Boniface 8th

Two seats and a table  and an third seat in front of table

History: Boniface you called here to justify your life of pope, about your gestures, and your behavior as pope, then father of Christianity; you are going to accuse from severe enemies, and I am going to hear the motives of everybody. You know perfectly that History is always rational, impartial and never partial; alone men think now and though always that History is partial to some thesis, but I am hearing and never I have judged, I seek from centuries. I have heard motives very absurd and you, men, great and little used to justify; then you now must justify your life, in front of tribunal of History.

Boniface: Why I should say to whom has accused me, has offended and denigrated on your altar: my enemies have very much to lie; then why you are searching guilty to sacrifice?

History: Because I want that men know your voice and judge as of accusers.

Boniface: Somebody are going to say “arduous sentence for posterity”, but I don’t think that for posterities can interest that I am guilty or no.

History: You are wronging, if you defend your policy, certainly somebody hear your judgment, and a humble voice can become exorbitant

Boniface: Who are my accusers

History: Calm, they are going to be here, everybody and you are going  to have you attorney

Boniface: I am very sorry you think that I need of attorney, I am very astonished because you are History and you know perfectly the truth.

History: (smiling)I know perfectly but I know truth of History, and you that of Boniface, and no other; then we must search and know also others truths, as your truth may valid, rational, and human, too human. Do you know Socrates from Athens?  

Boniface: I don’t know him, who is?

History: A philosopher and he died after personal defense for a unjust accusation, in fact he was accused to corrupt young and Athens. He was accused form court to atheism, disobedience to goods, and then condemned capital sentence, he drunk the hemlock, and he didn’t betrayed his think, then gnosi seauton, this is know yourself, and your truth 

Boniface: In am sorry but I am not philosopher, I am jurist, and I don’t understand because you are saying that words

History: You have your truth and the accusers have their, then each one has truth

Boniface: And you have your truth

History: Certain but it is the truth of History, that happened, that says your guilt and other; and innocence of everybody and guilt of nobody, and guilt of everybody and innocence of nobody; dear Boniface I know perfectly everybody, I have seen you born and die, then I know your motives, your souls, your thinks, suspects, lies, but I don’t judge you, because I have past very much time, and I have understood that everybody lies and says truth, everybody hides and nobody says that he is hiding, everybody accuse, but nobody truly condemn, because you are accomplices, then who is among you without sin throw the stone    

Boniface: Why you are mentioning Johannes? Do you think that I can be our Lord, or Johannes?

History: Why you can’t be adulteress?

Boniface: I not guilty of adultery

History: May just you have made it

Boniface: I am not never married and I haven’t sons, then I can’t cheating on a wife

History: Do you have married the Church?

Boniface: certain I am moral and spiritual husband, and I must defend hers, save and love and work to hers, move away enemies and hypocrites, and I have worked to faith.

History: Secundum Bonifacii judicium. In conformity with your opinion, but others don’t think it

Boniface: Others? Who are? Some heretic? Enemies of God?

History: Pietro Morrone, a guys Celestino V. Do you remember him?

Boniface: Yes! I remember him.

Second act

Celestine V, Boniface 8th and History

Celestine V come in on scene and he sits on right of History

Celestine:(looks Boniface) Do you remember also Fumone?

Boniface:(get up) You don’t know the truth form lie, you, and alone you and me, know very well that you had asked your residence to Fumone; to Napoli, in Real Castle of Roberto d’AngiĆ², do you remember? During your stay, on 1295, you have asked that you want sleep in the cellars, and the king has had offered to you the better rooms, you alone has choice the poverty. Castle Fumone? I didn’t known neither that it is exist, you has indicated that cave, and you have made it to attract to me offences  

Celestine: No, your holiness

Boniface: You are my equal, you must call me to name, according to the protocol.

Celestine: Yes! I choose Fumone; I wanted come back to my Church, on contrary you wanted a Church that to and God very foreign, very longe, immoral, demonic; and I didn’t become pope you have choose me.

Boniface: I no certainly, but alone who has considered you very weak, and very alone momentary pope, a guy that they must call when is opportune.

Celestine: A servant is called by patron when they need

Boniface: A pope isn’t a servant.

Celestine: A servant of God

Boniface: No certainly of Philip 4th the Beautiful, and you was going meet it, give to him the Church, I have voted against to you during conclave.

Celestine: I am alone a servant of God, no…

Boniface:(interrupting him abruptly) Stop it this litany to humble servant, you are very boring.

Celestine: A servant, I am not a political man

Boniface: We must be political man, we must take the whip and Gospel, and you it didn’ have understood, the policy allows that Church exist, and survive; we hasn’t armies and soldiers, the excommunications can damage, and how much? The Vandals, Theodoric, Longboard, how we can contrast menaces so great? Remember Apocalypse of John, that step he speaks about the woman dressed of sun that gives birth: she gave birth a male son that must hold the nations with an iron rod. I am not that son but who must held the word with iron rog, because it is by Christ son of God 

Celestine: And with faith

Boniface: I have often asked to me if you are very idiot, pathetic ignorant, or ingenuous, and you think that with sword of Gospel you can stop evil.

Celestine: Leon Magnus has stopped Attila

Boniface: The miracles of seminarian; dear Celestine, if you was an heretical, atheist I could object: “Why God hasn’t stopped to Anagni Sciarra Colonna? It is may that the vicar of Peter was offended? Then God self we can offense, because if it is then he is servant, and this servant we must no respect, and why we must worship a servant; God isn’t so, otherwise the Gospel that speaks about omnipotence is lying, and Christ would lie, because he has said about superiority of an Eternal Father and he isn’t so; and you are condemning the Church and Christianity with capital sentence; you certainly these philosophical arguments you don’t know, and it aren’t never interested you, because God save? God guarantees, this is pure cowardice.

Celestine: No holyness

Boniface:(doen’t specks and look intensely him)

Celestine: Boniface, I love alone God

Boniface: No certainly the Church

Celestine: No I don’t love it I would stay in my cave, and thank God to everything that he has made

Boniface: God has created  the Church, and you has called to ride it

Celestine: Marc. John, Luke, Matthew were choose by God  to write the Gospel; Paul was choose to worship God among people, and peter to ride the Church, everybody makes his duty given by God, I am a servant and I am very happy when I serve God as every Christian.

Boniface: Then I should come in cave and prayer and condemn Christianity to persecution and sure death, meanwhile I should hope that God save us?

Celestine: No, Boniface, everymen has his duty, and you must ride the Church.

Bonifacio: You are spiritual guide

Celestine: I can serve and be well Christian, but you must be a very good political man always, the Holy Spirit in Conclave has choose you then Deus vult.

Boniface: If the Holy Spirit has entered to Conclave he has come out very soon.

Celestine: Do you don’t believe to conclavist dogma

Boniface: Certainly, I am a god Christian, but I believe more to personal interest of Orsini, Frangipane e Conti e Colonna, they have elected you, because you were secureness to their lands and richness

Celestine: (meanwhile intensely looking Boniface) Why do you are sayng it? I has never refused something for somebody:

Boniface: Certainly, above all to Roberto d’AngiĆ², and other French interest, he wanted also extend on pontifical ports, and you dear Celestine was fit tool, ingenuous and weak

Celestine: The Holy Spirit has choose…

Boniface: Stop this homily, pecunia non olet, and when is money nothing Gospel corrects cupidity, Saint Peter’s ports, Tiberina Island, Terracina, Gaeta, were certain docking to Philip 4th  and Renato d’Angio, great trade and little tax, and to this was necessary your consent. This is your Holy Spirit, and thieves of Church, Philip 4th needs of these to make ways in Franche, and to armies and soldiers against Edward 1th.

Celestine: I haven’t gave it.

Boniface: Certainly because behind the chapel, during prayers, there were somebody that has protected you, I have ordered that nobody come in during the prayers, I have distributed in the Holy Basilica of informers, during your court hearing you were very much to hear, among my followers, I have to protect you by your idiocy, you were a sparrow among ferocious eagles, I have to save you and the Church

Celestine: I have said that everybody has his rule, I servant, and you lead to political strategy; then I see to sky and you to heart, I to God and you to his sons, and I see these very immoral, but God to his infinity goodness everything forgives

Bonifacie: I have though more to earthly Church than heavenly Jerusalem, you must wait very much. You self, Celestine, of this earthly Church has been son, alos when you has not been pope; you never has contradicted then you were faithful son

Celestine: I could not contrast the Church, I haven’t never hate it neither betrayed; I have made very wrong action, I have ignored it. You and other were nothing, you never have been present on my mind, then how I can hate somebody and it isn’t

Boniface: it is seems that when you have called to become pope you have accepted it, and very soon

Celestine: Now you are sinning for your ignorance, do you don’t know that I escaped in front of cardinals when they said me that I was become pope, and when they knelt I was fear, and I prayed God that was alone a temptation of devil; two days they took to persuade me that I was pope, and I come out from my cave with bare feet and with my poor cloth, and I hold my poverty until God has wanted, I refused horse and triumphal chariots, a servant can’t be treated as a pope, I have believed that the Holy Spirit has called me and I have obeyed.     

Boniface: What do you say History? I look and you don’t said nothing, you are hearing and don’t comment.

History: I don’t give to you my judgement but other accuser

(Celestine et up and get out)

Third act

History, Philip 4th, Boniface 8th

History: Other your enemy dear Boniface

Boniface: Who is it, whom do I should contrast?

History: One who was very enemy of Church of Boniface, who wanted enlarge honor of French Church and who wanted a pope French; remember Anagni, and impetuous secretary, remember how Sciarra has made to you, he is going to accuse you to be false pope, because you drive away Celestine, and he going to accuse you  pursued your Christian brothers, Colonna, you have destroyed Palestrina, and you have worship evil, you have enriched your family, the Bulls the Unam Sanctam you have reaffirmed the indissoluble power of Church on every secular power, and other Bull Clericos laicos with you have ordered that they no pay tax to France. 

Boniface: I undestand that is this guy, but you have descripted more than name; when he will arrived that French heretical and without God, defamatory, and…

History: And without money

Philip:(getting in from right sits on cheir of Celestine) When I must treat to somebody that steal it is very difficult that something remains; a robber of this race is very rare.

Boniface: Who are you?

Philip: Who has condamned you when you are life and also after your death; the French landa gain dispeises your name, Maleface, it is very good sound, do you think? Son of evil.

Boniface:(smiling)Philip, Philip you are more ridicolous than your process witchcraft; you are always a little king, with many problems and very little head; you could ask alone help, I would meet you, and I would accepted your questions, you on contrary have wonted everything and soon, you have called Colonna and you have promised them gains and lands

Philip: Gains? Which?

Boniface: The rich gain that you have had from robbery on 3 may 1297, when Colonna family has robbed me of money necessary to pay feuds of Sermoneta, Ninfa, and it is alone to fear of my extenction on Saint Peter Reign, to robbery you added also the fire of my Bull.

Philip: What Bull? I have never read your Bull then you haven’t write it.

Boniface: Certainly I have written it, Clericis laicos 25th Febrary at 1296, do you remember? I have written that priests didn’t give to you tax

Philip: No of Church, cursed Maleface, but alone your.

Boniface: I am the Church and the college of cardinals was favorable that you  have made a robbery

Philip: Do you are speaking of robbery? You? Raider! You have stealed to Colonna the feud of Palestrina and other land, and you are speaking of thefts

Boniface: When you haven’t aid of your secretary, Nogaret, you are more stupid; feuds that the Church has took to Colonna has been returned to same family, but I have returned these to members of same family that were faithful to Church, then Ottone, Matthew and Landolfo; furthermore you don’t know that Peter Colonna was rector of land of Ninfa, land that he wanted hold to his family and I have bought at 1297.

Philip: To take a land, I don’t think that it is very great heresy

Boniface: No certainly it is heresy but one must pay it, and Colonna didn’t made it, then I pay and bought and it compromised very much strategies

Philip: Your nephews were beneficiaries of lands of Colonna family, you have stealed it and no certainly bought

Boniface: You are lying; you know that neither I and my family have had took to Colonna family, I have returned to Colonna were faithful

Philip: In conformity of confession of process, you have destroied assets and destroyed the city of Palestrina

Boniface: What have I answered to these accuses?

Philip: Nothing

Boniface: Why?

Philip: You aren’t in Avignon

Boniface: It is very easy condamn someboby that isn’t

Philip: You have hasd your defemders, then if they has made wrong their job you must accuse them

Boniface: My defenders kown how you, this is nothing, and they have tried adefense that was impossible, because my defenders; you have made corruption, with promises, you have took false witnesses, and you have had alone personal hate.

Philip: How do judge the Bull Unam Sanctam?

Boniface: The defense of Church, through that Bull I have prohibited to all that ordine to Church a power that hasn’t

Philip: Do you demanded that I was submissive to you in my reign

Boniface: This think is your, or Nogaret? I must consider that to secretary makes false documents very well; you are always ingenuous, because your Nogaret has given to you wrong interpretations; the Bull Unam Sanctam stated the only spiritual  predominance of pope up every king; spiritual only, do you understand Philip? Read the Bull and don’t hear the voices that have interests of family

Philip: What?

Boniface: Very many omages that you have made to his family, because Nogaret was necessary to you, you needed his advisements and what you have to said.

Philip: You have needed of Guide da Montefeltro to take Palestrina, and how destroy others Christian, and you would defend you again?

Boniface: I accept it and I say that the was a clear and evident motive to defend the Church; Palestrina was a fortress very important to attack to Church, and to Christian killed, I know somebody that has condemned knights to money, remember our sons Templar.

Philip: Your follower Clements 5th has condemned

Boniface: You lie, Clements acquitted them, but you has never know it, because Nogaret has hide the Bull; excommunication was false of a dominical monk.

Philip: I confess that I never known it, or I known it but other political needs ordered that I follow this way; I lack certain gain, count of feuds were very poor, I have to pay mercenaries, the people has hungry, just I have escaped one revolt at 1302; then dear Boniface I have had my motives; I am a political man, and the Gospel absolves me and you. You aren’t good shepherd. 

Boniface: to you I can’t be a good shepherd, you have accused me of heresy, worship of evil, witchcraft and other

Philip: Policy, dear Boniface, policy, after damnatio vitae also that memoriae

Boniface: French cardinals and Colonna have voted to me in Conclave, and you consider me illegitimate? Very strange.

Philip: I have hoped that you was as other.

Boniface: Who? Celestine?

Philip: I wanted accords to you more peaceful, if you was more prudent, if you have placate your spirit of omnipotence, if you have heard on contrary of make, if you have considered that you have gained more to the Church, if you have waited.

Boniface: What I have gained?

Philip: Rich trades and very good soldiers, but you have been led alone your presumption, you have condemned Colonna, and you have begun a fight against cardinals James and Peter Colonna    

Boniface: It isn’t possible offend pope without took responsibility, the offense give me through scroll that fixed to Saint Mary Rotonda and on altar Saint Peter said that I was illegitimate pope 

Philip: Affirmation certainly true.

Boniface: They have voted me, and then if I am illegitimate also they are so, because the Conclave was illegitimate, and they there were; Celestine give his resignation, as Ponziano at 235 after Ch.; then also these dismission was illegitimate, but he was saint, then would accuse a saint of illegitimate?

Philip: If it is necessary certainly

Boniface: Same cynismof Nogaret, cold and without faith

Philip: if I must teated about France I don’tm know alternatives, neither pity; if I must accuse a wron political man, that believe hiself as pope, I am going to accuse also that, and I make all…

Boniface: You haven’t deposed me but they have kidnapped to Anagni

Philip: Yes if you want it, but I have humiliated your pride, it I wanted,

Boniface: I am pope of Universal Church

Philip: So omnipotence and have been enough thirty soldiers to stopped your power, where was your God. You are alone a pathetic priest that tried take a role that hasn’t.    

Bonifacio: Priest among so much offenses this was missing, you can add it to process of Avignon.

Philip: Other has emerged.

Boniface: Why a process after my death? You has had which do you want, thieves you have had guaranties from Clements 5th ; why a process?

Philip: The jubilee has guaranteed great people and great thrust to Church of pope, or who has believed so, then I have to make defamation to you.

Boniface: Policy Philip, alone policy, as accuse about your witchcraft and worship of evil, blasfemy, sodomy, but you wanted a pope that was favorable to you, and that guranteed richness to Franch

Philip: Who has said it?

Boniface: An anonymous cardinal that has said that: God alone knows among dangers and so much worry we have to work. I have lost my brothers with aim of to have a pope favorable to French, and I considered that he have managed very well if he have obeyed to king. We voted Bertrando and we have believed that we have saved the French and Church. Then Clemens 5th have guaranteed to French what and how much you wanted, on contrary Boniface was contrary  

Philip: Precisely, your reluctance is always hard.

Boniface: The my reluctance has determined from other reluctant, avid and venal, it is true Philip? Do you know very well them? The little king that have in home the war, that fight to dukes that betrayed

Philip: Who do you considering now?

Boniface: Other Philip the bold, duke of Borgogna, ready to betray to richness, and tried alleance to Edward 1th from Bristish.

Philip: Now you know my needs of money

Bonifacio: How do you avoid it?

Philip: To pay through thieves that Clemens 5th has give to me, I have paid soldiers of Philipp the bold, and his mercenaries and I have took them

Boniface: Policy, it is true Philip? Whose way also more cynical are valid alone to you, to your survive and of the French; on contrary to others defend their motives it isn’t valid, then if pope must use same way he is demonic, because you can’t robber him.

Philip: Certainly Malefacius, we are two political men we know where strike and whatch tools use.

Boniface: certain you must accuse other of your responsibilities, if necessary you must lie, and hide the inopportune truth, and you don’t hold a thesis if it isn’t necessary your needs, and avoid the sinful realities

Philip: Some your compatriot has set you in hell, among policiy men you would be a god of hell, but a divinity. Good bye Boniface, and I hope that somebody remember us to future.

Boniface: Good by to you Philip

Fourth act

History, Dante Alighieri, Bonifacio 8th

History: Dear Boniface everybody has very good motives to attack, and somebody that isn’t pope or king, but poet alone don’t want accuse you; hell has took you among simoniacs, and immoral behavior has just took hierarchy of Church that should be with empire the lead to men, on contrary you and Philip have made with greed, you because have preferred to good of men alone your family, on contrary Philip has hade alone interest to his king role; the white Guelfi were deceived, the Church has left them, and you didn’t make to them, too involve among your personal affairs; now he accused you… 

Boniface: Who?

Dante: I, Dante delli Allighieri, son of Alighiero delli Alighieri, and I am not even to you to dignity, then I speck to you in conformity honor and respect.

Boniface: (he get up) merit to you supreme poet, really I am very sorry because I can’t asked to you about your universal book but, unfortunately, I have had time read this book; think that some my descendent, centuries ago, has praised you an your book, without wrong intention, and neither I am here to curse you; but you have certainly has much to say.  

Dante: I want ask to you why you have made as a demon rather than as a shepherd.

Boniface: Because I am a shepherd and often I must use the rod, as you Dante use the pen; you have condemned my name to infamy, you have said that I was a serve to demon, you have accused me to steal and sacrilege; but may you have forgotten that I have bear steal, you have considered worth trust,  every accuses of Avignon process, although you didn’t mention about these in your poet; as diplomatic you have made with very dignify, the white guelfi were more uncertain than black, discouraged, little and divided, and you belonged to them you know very well it. 

Dante: I don’t condemnation you because you haven’t helped to white guelfi, but to your behavior that isn’t worthy to Shepherd of Church, and you know that I don’t condemnation you alone but also your predecessor, that has refused papal throne to cowardice, and your enemy Philip French king, that has stolen treasure of Templar

Boniface: You are sublime poet, loved Dante, and I understand your condemnation, you have great soul, great honesty, and upright to your ideas, but also mystic, you make same mistake that has made who you condemn to cowardice, Celestine, you don’t consider how much prudence and strength.

Dante: Your Guido do you remember?

Boniface: You used this adjective to Cavalcanti.

Dante: I mean to Guido da Montefeltro, you have damned his soul to your interest, on contrary you have to save it.

Boniface: You have damned non certainly God; through your poetical books you have damned and saved in conformity your like, and you haven’t though that who you have set in hell may God don’t set where you have described.

Dante: I have decided condemnations and salvation on ground I have known.

Boniface: Precisely, dear Dante, you condemn somebody on ground your ideas, you condemn the prophet of Islamic Muhammad, because you have though that is was a cardinal and he have made the scission in Christianity because he didn’t become pope.

Dante: So information

Boniface: Then same process against me it could be alone chronicles; you lack of Vatican chronicle, this is information necessary to give a judgement, but you say without knowledge certain nothing.

Dante: I jugde on ground my knowledge and I can consider that what you have made isn’t worth of pope

Boniface: Where is policy every valor and ideal get out; I give to you a question, if I have allowed request of Philip to thieves, if I have made as weak Celestine, how you have judge me?

Dante: May weak  

Boniface: And coward, certainly, and you have given very good judge, I would be a weak, although spiritually more better; then loved Dante, you must consider you want a weak and spiritual pope or determined and political man

Dante: I am going to think it more

Fifth act

History: Now dear Boniface other poet, certainly less famous and sublime than Dante, but more eloquent and quarrelsome, almost other your enemies, one who you have gone to Saint Fortunato to meditation. Then you must contrast other accuses as avidity, debauchery, impiety, pride, nepotism, simony, and witchcraft; I think that you have more to answer; Jacopone from Todi accuses you so much and much more. Gon in Jacopone, come here and bring your sincere soul, and say as you want pope

Jacopone: How I want it everybody can read on Laus that nobody and less than other Boniface has read

Boniface: (Tace, tace homo paulo, minuo, et pauco; tuo orare quam canis) Shut up, shut up, little man, very little you say as than dog.

Jacopone: I have understood you, Holyness, you don’t worry taht I don’ know latin

Boniface: What I have said?

Jacopone: You have said that I speck as a dog and more I am a little man; may unique compliment that I accept; but I am not little man, I am nothing man, on contrary nothing simply.

Bonifacio: Very good man but you are servant of James and peter Colonna

Jacopone: I asm servant of Francesco from Assisi, true follower of Christ, and I am servant Our Lord Celestine 5th pope, whose you have took throne.

Boniface: Dear Jacopone, I am pope and I haven’t subtracted money or papal throne, you poor Celestine has refused it I not am in fear accuses, and no certainly from you, misted poor, you don’t know the word, you contempt it.

Jacopone: Certainly the word is refuge of evil, and you are the king then you are servant of evil

Boniface: On the word live also Colonna and you have been servant

Jacopone: I am servant of God.

Boniface: Parchment of Lunghezza, against me, you have signed, yespushed for hate against Gaetani

Jacopone: You have stolen spirit of word, and you have made every gender of evil. You have imprisoned pope Celestine, unique pope and chosen from Holy Spirit, poor, humble and saint, and after you have imprisoned me in San Fortunato; how much do you have imprison? How much have to die to your avidity?

Boniface: Tu don’t certain die to imprisonment, and Celestine has died after Fumone, and you have died at 1306, three years after me, and after you have come out free from Saint Fortunato, you gone to Colonna to Palestrina, I have excommunicated you because you were servant of excommunicated, and you demand that I absolve you after your offenses; you have offense whole Christianity, and no Benedetto Gaetani, but the whole Church, whom I represented and you and your masters have damaged. I could kill you in San Fortunato, as Celestine in Fumone, I could have made it, and I didn’t it; you not were a danger but an tool of Colonna; they have deceived you, they have said that I have killed Celestine, I wanted enriched my family, I have made witchcraft, on contrary they were alone envious for power of Gaetani, that extended on contrary they were restricted to Palestrina; papal power was become very important to aide French interest, that has pursued Colonna about great land to gain, then your soul dear Jacopone is weak, son of other weak as Celestino, who has escaped responsibility but accepted papacy, which he should refused immediately, you accept mysticism and interest earth of Colonna; my soldiers captured them in Palestrina and you there were hidden, every lies they have said you believed it.

Jacopone: Should we thank you to so harm?

Boniface: Very less I could

Jacopone: What? You have exterminated us, you have killed spirit of Christianity

Boniface: I could began a crusade, a persecution and kill you, remember Cathars and Innocenzo 3th; do you know it? I could exterminated your will, and I haven’t made it, you were a weak voice, and you have searched my enemies to make internal fight in the Church, make a state in state, a Church in the Church, to guarantee to Colonna their interest, to motive it for spirituality that is characteristic of your brothers, poor of Celestine, that are useless when somebody attacks   

Jacopone: Give other cheek some has said

Boniface: The cheek no the neck to decapitation, I could no certainly that head of Church fail to spiritual will, we live on earth and the Church must fight if it is necessary, it must fight internal and external enemies, we can’t and no must fail

Jacopone: Should we kill innocent?

Boniface: Enemies of God aren’t innocent, who hold heretical is very far from Church, then he must ask pardon, if you was my enemy I would kill you and Celestine, I will not make it because I am not a coward

Jacopone: Why don’t you have made it?

Boniface: because I don’t believe solution homicide, neither persecution, but if it is necessary I move soldiers and other. Jacopone I wanted not die because I admire you, your spirituality; but the policy is merciless and cruel, and God has wanted that I must fight to this slime, differently to your Celestine I have accepted to fight

Jacopone: God may forgive, to me I am going to have difficult

History: Boniface both accused and accusers are right, every good and faithful, but treacherous, then truth are much, material, moral and personal always, personal interest is always more interest than other. Then an impartial history nobody is going to write, but everybody to write that is necessary at moment; everybody has his truth, it is from personal opinion and after of the word.

I greet you and you are read history with same intention of those who different accusers and defender

Alessandro Lusana


No comments:

Post a Comment