Wednesday, August 16, 2023

 



Epistolary spirit

During read of Letters about pinter, architecture and sculture of Giovanni Gaetano Bottari(1689-1775), antiquarian and librarian in Vatican toghered these letters about these three arts, letters of artists very much and less known from pubblic and critic; until now nothing exciting, but I want stress spirit of these letters and change of spirit that we can ascertain during read, some examples clears this concept: a lettere of Michael Angel to Pietro Aretino is very meanfull because rapports between the two were very bad, but we can read very good education of Michael Angel that written: “Magnificient mister Pietro Aretino my lord and brother. I have received your letter I have been happiness and wrong together. I was very much cheered up to come to you, that are unique on the word, and I have been very wrong, because I have ended almost the history and it can’t works your fantasy, that it is made that if day of judice has been, and you have seen directly your words don’t describe more well…” and “… if I have something that is appreciated I give it to you…”. We must oass some centuries and we arrive to a letter at 1769 of a religious man Luigi Crespi(1708-1779), that is very directed and he leave out formal diplomacy of Michael Angel and he become very sincere, we can’t know what is argument but we can think that is an offense: “The insinuation  that is in this letter, isn’t plausible but it is condemnable, as you know, and I want add other so that if this letter is going printed I wan’t that somebody that I didn’t fulfill a duty; but Crespi spoken about some painters of Federico Barocci(1535-1612), and he defends this painter from some vulgar insinuation, and he tells that this pianter has painted always holy subject. Regard a book about paintings in Bologna, Painting of Bologna at year 1766, he corrected some informations about painting of his father, and we must consider the sincerity without some polite word: “…for tell pure truth and this book regard my father which has attribuited some painting that he didn’t make, ot some other that he made and is attribuited to other…”; we can consider that the spirit of letters is changed and some formal polite is leave out and the truth is daily by now, it is spirit of de-hierarchization of source and consideration of matters very important as the truth, then that spirit is changed also to letters.

Alessandro Lusana



                   





        

No comments:

Post a Comment