Pictorial letters: van Gogh
The portrait the human being that we can’t know now, as Vincent van
Gogh(1853-1907) a painter very famous, that has found his vocation for the painting after together
works, as the merchant, preacher and other, but we can know him trough the
letters, we can know his wit, that was very complex; the first of these clues
is a letter to his brother, Theo, that has endowed Vincent in his country,
Dutch and board, in France, when he in year 1880 by now lover of painting, he
discovered the sun in years 1886; anyway in this letter he says: “Dear Theo,
you are almost extraneous…”it is a sign of psychotic withdrawal ; and this
opinion is held from a step of this letter: “For this I am convinced that is
very better and more logic to take is to go away as I not exist”; This
detachment is motive for confirm my
opinion, because also in a room is possible paint and with other persons, and
the following of this letter we can understand the will, is a need of family
that shows also an weakness of
character, very important, and this confession is very meaningful: “I am an
instinctive man that makes things more
or less rational, and after I repent”;
it is the instinct that he has described summery after.. But Vincent
expressed also the will of new because he confesses that he wanted read, almost
vital need, and for the painting: “When
I was in other environment of artistic
things, you know that I have took for that environment a passion, that became enthusiasm...”; the
necessity of novelty is clear in this step: “But what is your sake? You would
say; it is clear very slow and certainly, as a sketch and the sketch become a
painting, gradually, we work intensely, gradually, the first idea is in
depth…”; it is the need of novelty , because during the creative process, the
new evolution comes always. But some from same letter emerges also a capacity of Vincent of
psychological analysis: “Now one motive for I am an inadequate for motive that I am during years inadequate, it is simply
because I have different ideas of those of lords that give the labor to the
guys that think has them. It isn’t simply of cloth…”; the capacity of Vincent
of analyze herself and also other ids
evident. The Dutch wit of merchant is in this step: “After is other type of
idler, idler compelled, that is consumed
from deeply from a great desire of action and that makes not something,
because can’t make it…as a bird in the cage that must be there, other birds can
say about him that he is idler, but he would go out”. This letter is a document
of personal wit that confesses also the very unknown, and certainly trough the
painting we can’t know.
Alessandro Lusana
No comments:
Post a Comment